Membership and Guests
Membership, Event Fees & Guest Policy
Membership of the Salisbury Wine Interest Group (“SWIG”) is open to anyone aged 18 or over upon completion of the Membership Application Form and payment of the current annual fee.
Members are allowed to participate in all events organised by SWIG subject to limitations imposed by venue size and the number of samples in a bottle of wine. Generally SWIG operates a first come, first served approach.
Members are permitted to bring guests to events. This is sometimes necessary to ensure the viability of events and guests may be a source of future members. Guests must be signed in as temporary members using the Temporary Member Form – this is the responsibility of the sponsoring member who is also responsible for their behaviour – to be handed to the Membership Secretary at the relevant event.
It is important that full members have priority when booking events, so guest bookings will only be confirmed if places remain one week after the event notification is sent out by the Membership Secretary.
The tasting fee is usually £20 per person and £25 for guests, but may be less or more expensive dependent on the wines tasted. The supplement contributes to both the general running costs of the club in the same way as the annual fee paid by members and to the cost of replacing equipment acquired in previous years.
If a guest wishes to join SWIG following the event, the supplement will be refunded.
Special events are priced individually. There is no supplement for guests, but member bookings take priority as above.
SWIG allows prospective new members to taste before committing to full membership. Prospective members can attend two tasting events at a cost of £25 per tasting before deciding to commit. If you decide to join before the next tasting, you will receive a £5 credit against the annual fee.
If you would like to join:
· Complete the Membership Application Formand email a scanned copy (or photograph) to the Membership Secretary at
· Pay the relevant fee as advised by the Membership Secretary upon receipt of your Membership Application Form.
If you prefer to taste and try before committing:
· Contact the Membership Secretary at book a place at a tasting.
· Please note that your booking is not confirmed until payment is received, so you need to pay for the tasting event. The Membership Secretary will provide the relevant details.
· Complete the Membership Application Form and email a scanned copy (or photograph) to the Membership Secretary at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can deliver the form at the first tasting you attend.
· The Membership Secretary will contact you to see if you would like to join or attend a second taster.
· If you decide to join, pay the relevant fee as advised by the Membership Secretary.
The membership year runs from April 1st to March 31st in the following year.
Annual fees are due on April 1st of each year. The Membership Secretary will send reminder emails with payment information following the AGM.
Current fees are:
Individual membership £24
Joint membership (per person) £21
Joint fees must be paid as a single payment.
Fees are pro-rated as set out in the table below. The fee and payment details will be advised by the Membership Secretary.